Traffic Delays – Solstice 2
Notice from the City of Guelph about traffic impacts for the next three weeks (Oct 13-30) at Gordon/Edinburgh for construction of Solstice 2:
About the Project
This project is being undertaken by Greenfield Contracting Inc. under contract to the City of Guelph. The work will entail:
• Removal of the road surface
• Installation of water and sanitary services on Edinburgh Road South
• Excavation and removal of water services on Gordon Street, and
• Restoration of Gordon Street and Edinburgh Road upon completion of all testing.
All work will be in the City right-of-way.
Construction Begins October 13
Construction is expected to start on or about October 13 and continue for approximately three weeks, weather permitting.
There will be turning restrictions, through-road closures and lane reductions as follows:
• Edinburgh Road South closed to westbound traffic at Gordon Street
• No westbound turns onto Edinburgh Road South from Gordon Street
• North and southbound turns from Edinburgh Road South onto Gordon Street will be maintained via one eastbound lane
• Gordon Street curbside lane closed in southbound direction north of Edinburgh Road South
• Roadside work on Edinburgh Road South with no planned traffic impacts; expect delays
Anyone travelling through the work zone should expect delays. Signal timing at the Gordon Street/Kortright Road intersection will be adjusted to help facilitate travel along detour routes.
Pedestrians will be directed by information signs and detours as required.
Please see map for more details and follow all posted detours.
Transit route 1A will be detoured during construction. Please visit guelphtransit.ca for detailed information.
Property Access and Parking
Every effort will be made to maintain access to businesses and driveways throughout construction during normal business hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Construction activities and equipment movement may temporarily impact some access to private property and delays should be expected. All business and driveway access will be restored by the end of each working day.
There will be no interruptions of any City services throughout the construction period. Waste collection will not be impacted by the construction. Please continue to place your green, blue and grey carts at the curb as per your regular schedule.
The City of Guelph appreciates your patience, understanding and co-operation during this important water and sewer project. Updates will be available at guelph.ca/construction.